Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Kicks





New kicks to start out the new year right! Although my Asics were good to me, I decided to go back to the ol’ standard Nikes. I am hoping these will give me a little motivation to get out there and actually run. So far this week I have been majorly slacking. I felt great after my 10 mile run last Sunday….but have been extremely lazy since then. Probably a result of my over eating and drinking on Christmas Eve and Christmas. On top of that I tweaked my neck somehow while sleeping on Christmas Eve.

Another motivating factor should be my new gym, 24 hour Fitness Super Sport. It really is “super.” All of the machines are new and have TV’s, it has a pool and hot tub, complimentary towels, and a really nice locker room. It is a real step up from YouFit. Yes, it costs more…but I definitely think it will be worth it. I didn’t even want to use the bathrooms at YouFit. I have already gone swimming once and hope to try out the spinning and body pump classes on top of my hours on the treadmill.

I have a BIG month coming up with the Disney Marathon on January 13th and the ING Miami Marathon 13 days later on January 27th. I am excited to complete my goal of 4 marathons in 4 months. I had every intention of taking a MAJOR break from racing after running Miami…….BUT I just booked a flight home for St. Patrick’s Day Weekend AND there happens to be a Marathon in DC that weekend. I could be really fun to run in the morning and then drink green beer all afternoon. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment