Monday, December 31, 2012

Cheers to To A New Start in 2013

I am regrettably ending 2012 on a bad note. I had a 16 mile run scheduled for Sunday and couldn't drag my butt out of bed to do it. I justified skipping it by running 4 miles with Ryan and telling myself that I would run the 16 miles this morning before going into work tonight. It is 11:45am and I am still in my PJ's on the couch. So at this point it does not look like it is going to happen.

I don't think that skipping this run will make too big of a difference in my two upcoming marathons. (or at least I hope it wont). I feel like I am in marathon condition and would rather just run races then force myself to do these long boring training runs.

Exciting stuff coming up in 2013
  • Possible color run this Saturday, I have not registered yet....
  • Disney Marathon in January, plus a few days in Orlando with my family.  
  • ING Miami Marathon, the end of January.
  • Trip home in March, possibly the Rock n' Roll Marathon in DC if Chrissy will agree to do it with me.
  • I turn 30, yikes.
  • My 3rd Marine Corps Marathon in October, the great thing about the MCM is that you can defer your registration. So I am going to go ahead and sign up and then I can always defer if I cant or don't want to run it.
  • Puppy purchase, I have been toying around with the idea of getting a dog. Right now with my work schedule it does not make too much sense, but if something changes I really want to get a German Shorthaired Pointer or Treeing Walker Coon hound.
  • Lastly I am definitely going home for Christmas in 2013. This year was the first year I didn't go home. Not that I didn't have a good time with Ryan's family.....but there is just something about being "home" on Christmas. Plus... it is so weird celebrating Christmas when it is 80 degrees outside.
I hope everyone has a great New Years Eve. I will be working tonight...boooooo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment