Monday, August 27, 2012

Hurricane Isaac 12 Miler

My sister Chrissy and nephew Brayden came for a visit this weekend! We all really enjoyed the beautiful weather from hurricane Isaac. J/K To be honest is was a nice excuse to stay home and lay around...although I am sure it is not what they had in mind for their Florida vacation.

Chrissy and I were supposed to run 15 miles on Sunday morning...I moved the run up to Saturday morning because I figured the weather would be better. We got up at 6am and I checked the radar. It didn't look promising but we figured we would give it a shot anyway. We double wrapped our iPhones in plastic baggies and hit the road. It started raining within .3 miles from home but we continued on. I made the wise decision to loop back around to the house and drop off our phones. I was not willing to risk it.

We ended up finishing 12 miles in the pouring rain. We could have sucked it up to finish the planned 15, but our feet were completely soaked and we were starting to get a little prune like.

We had hoped that Brayden would sleep in a little bit but were not so lucky. Uncle Ryan was happy to get up and entertain him while we were gone though. They built a fort in the living room and played with water balloons in the driveway with the neighborhood kids. Brayden had the time of his life. Mommy never would have let him play in the rain with his PJ's on!

"No Girls Allowed"




0 comments:

Post a Comment