Friday, May 25, 2012

HELLO FRIDAY!

I could not be more excited for the long weekend! I have had a pretty great week considering I was off Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday entertaining my mom who came to town for a short visit. Even with all of the shopping we did, I still managed to get all of my scheduled runs in. As I mentioned last week I have totally changed my training program to something that is a little less intimidating. I customized a mix between Hal Higdon's intermediate marathon training programs 1 and 2 and the NYC Marathon training program for competitive runners.

Sunday- 10 Miles
Monday- 4 Miles
Wednesday- 6 Miles
Thursday- 4 Miles

For a change of scenery ran the loop at Markham Park last night. The run was actually kind of boring, although it was the safest I have ever felt. I must have seen 25 cops pass me on their way from the gun range. My pace was great considering I was trying to finish before it started raining.



This afternoon we are headed to the keys for the holiday weekend. I am going do 10 miles in the morning to get it over with so I can enjoy the rest of the weekend. It is going to be hard not to over do it tonight though. I can already hear the margarita's calling my name. Terri...Terri....Terri

Next week is another short week with the holiday on Monday and then I head home on Thursday night for the Annapolis Half Marathon. I can't wait to see this little guy.


I guarantee the first thing he says to me is "Where is Ryan?" (who is not coming with me) Hopefully he will get over the disappointment when I give him all of the noisemakers I bought for him to bring to the race!
















0 comments:

Post a Comment