Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Backstrokes in Powerade Zero

We had an awesome Memorial Day weekend in the keys which included a really tough 10 mile run. The guys were going fishing early, which made it a little easier for me to get up on Saturday morning. Unfortunately it was pouring around 6:15am when I peaked outside. So....I crawled back in bed until 7am. By 7am the storm had passed and clear and sunny sky's were upon me.

The game plan was 2.5 miles North, 2.5 miles back to the house for water. 2.5 miles South then 2.5 miles North back to the house. I stuck to my plan, but it was brutal. Who would have thought that it could get so hot so early in the morning. It had to be 90 degrees out.

I ran over a few bridges when I was headed North and the views were great. The picture below does not show how clear and beautiful the water is.


The 2nd half of the run, was a little bit more shaded, but I was so hot that I was literally becoming delirious.   I was dreaming of watermelon, and swimming in a pool of Powerade Zero, which is probably a sign of dehydration. I got through the entire 10 miles and have never been so sweaty in my life. ( I should have taken a picture to document it, but I was too disgusting) We ended up spending most of the afternoon in the pool which was perfect!  I didn't take it upon myself to fill it with Powerade Zero, although it would have been nice.

4 more days until Annapolis! I am planning on taking it REALLY easy this week, mostly because I am busy and don't have too much time to run. Brayden is going to be well rested for my arrival on Thursday night. He couldn't even make it up the stairs yesterday after a weekend full of fun. I felt the same way when I tried to stay up for the Heat vs. Celtics game.



0 comments:

Post a Comment