Friday, May 18, 2012

Sweep the Leg Johnny!


I strategically planned my running schedule this week so I could watch the Heat game on the treadmill. For how ghetto my gym is... shockingly there are TVs built into all of the treadmills. I considered wearing my new Lebron James MVP head band (Thanks Matt) but realized I looked a little too much like Ralph Macchio, although he is definitely skinnier than I am.


The game and my run where equally disappointing. I did a total of 6 miles, 1 mile warm up, 4 miles at 8:55 and a 1 mile cool down. I could barley make it through 2 miles at 8:55 without stopping for a breather. I don't know what was the matter with me (Or the Heat). I never take breaks or walk. I finished, but it was a struggle. Maybe I should have worn the head band.

I have a couple of LONG runs ahead of me. 16 miles on Sunday, 18 miles next weekend...topped off with the half marathon in Annapolis I am running with my sister on June 2nd. I am beginning to think my new training schedule is a bit too intense. Starting next month I am scheduled to run up to 13 miles as a "short" run.....that seems a little aggressive (especially to do after work). I am going to do some research today to hopefully find a new program.

Cheers to a 5 day weekend for me! My mom is coming to visit on Monday!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment