Monday, October 1, 2012

Less than 30 days!

I am extremely excited that the Marine Corps Marathon is in less than 30 days. Only 3 more weekends to go! I have been slacking the past two weeks with my training. Between work, cross fit and life I have missed a couple of runs…but I have not missed any of my long runs. I did 22 miles last weekend on the treadmill with no problem, my feet were tired and sore for the rest of the afternoon, but I was not sore at all, even the next day.

Yesterday I ran 15 on the treadmill which was a breeze. I only have one more really long run before the actual marathon which is scheduled for this Sunday, another 22 miles. Then I will be on the home stretch into taper mode.

I already have the entire MCM weekend agenda planned out, almost to the minute. Since my sister Chrissy is running the MCM 10K this year we can take the metro into the city together rather than forcing my dad and Ryan to get up at the crack of dawn and go with me. I am sure they will appreciate that.

Once upon a time I was hoping to use this race to qualify for the Boston Marathon. That is officially not going to happen. I have not devoted enough time to speed training and I am simply just not fast enough at this point. My goal is to finish in less than 4 hours, which I think is achievable. (all depending on bathroom breaks) I had to stop once last year which added 6 minutes to my time… really frustrating. I can definitely “go” faster than 6 minutes, but the bathroom lines are really long.

28 days to go!!!  Is it too early to start packing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment