Monday, August 20, 2012

35 miles for the week

I had a pretty successful training week logging a total of 35 miles of running. I was super sore on Monday morning after my 18 mile run on Sunday. I think most of my soreness was from all of the yard work we did over the weekend rather than my run.

Monday- 4 mile recovery run around the neighborhood. I ran slow, slow, slow…..my legs were pretty much as sore as they have ever been. Our neighborhood is really shady (as in a lot of trees…not weird or creepy) so I decided to keep my run local and do 2 laps around the loop.

Tuesday- 6 miles- I think I ran on the treadmill…but to be honest I can’t really remember. I know I did it because it is crossed off may calendar...but I honestly have no recollection of it.

Wednesday- 5 miles- Vista View Park- a really hilly old landfill full of trails.  I ran a little over 3 miles and decided to head back to the car for a break and some water. I felt my back pocket and my car key wasn’t in there. I suffered a minor stroke, which two ladies sitting on a bench in front of my car witnessed. They offered a phone to me to use…but I declined and said I was going to trace my steps to look for the key before calling in an SOS to Ryan. I headed back up the hill to begin my search…and checked my other pocket on the way up, which is exactly where the key was. I still really needed water…but was too embarrassed to go back to my car and tell the ladies that the key was simply in my other pocket….so I suffered through the remaining two miles.

Saturday- 5 mile (walk)- My running buddy is now my prego buddy….so I decided to join her for a nice walk in Coconut Grove…followed by a trip to my favorite place in the world Misha’s cupcakes. I got 6 mini cupcakes and they have been gone since yesterday. 

Sunday- 20 mile treadmill run- I have currently given up on doing my long runs outside. I slept in until around 8:30am and then headed to my shady gym. ( this time I really mean shady…as in there is a sign at the front desk advising gym members to leave valuables out of site and lock their cars). I don’t have much to report on this run other than it was long and boring…but I finished…only stopping a few times to reset the treadmill because of the 60 minute max.

Tonight I have my first attempt at crossfit followed by a 5 mile recovery run. The run should be easy because I am not sore at all…but I have a feeling I will be sore tomorrow morning from the crossfit. I am super excited to try it though.

Lastly….Congratulations to my sister for completing the Leesburg 20K yesterday in 2 hours and 10 minutes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment