Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Upcoming Races

Livestrong ½ Marathon- October 13th, 2012
Marine Corps Marathon- October 28th, 2012
Palm Beach Marathon- December 2nd, 2012
Disney Marathon- January 13th, 2013
ING Miami Marathon- January 27th, 2013

Does this seem like too much?  I have some pretty aggressive race goals for the fall/winter. Maybe I am just going through racing withdrawal. Training is just not as fun as participating in races. I am definitely running the Livestrong half marathon in October because it is local and fits into my training schedule and I am already registered for the Marine Corps Marathon. I am hesitant to register for the other races because who knows what will happen between now and December/January…but I need to make a decision soon because I know the Disney Marathon is filling up quickly.  

I was (and maybe a little part of me still is) hoping to qualify for the Boston Marathon at the Marine Corps Marathon…but I don’t think I am being very realistic. I have been doing a lot of speed work and my pace is definitely improving…but I think it is a long shot. I guess will have a better idea once I start my longer training runs.  I loved the Marine Corps Marathon last year, but the course was super crowded…I was constantly weaving around people. I guess if I line up in a faster corral I will not have as much of an issue with that this year and it should not affect my time. I am still planning to continue to work on my speed and see what happens…running 4 marathons in 4 months would be pretty awesome even if I don’t qualify for Boston.

0 comments:

Post a Comment