Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Running Rambles…Miscellaneous Training Notes and Thoughts

Not too much to report, but out of lack of other things to do…I am writing.

Last week was a good training week; I logged a total of 28 miles and successfully completed my first tempo run, which was 6 miles total. 1 mile warm up and 4 miles at a pace of 8:41 and then a 1 mile cool down. I ended up running it on the treadmill because it is currently the only accurate way I have to track my pace. My Nike + sport watch does not seem to be right, and I can’t tell if my MapMyRun app is right either.

Sunday was my long run….14 miles with a goal of an average pace of 10:28. I used MapMyRun, which I hope was right because I ended up with an average pace of 9:36. I didn’t get started until after 7am, which was a mistake. It was HOT. I stopped twice for a bottle of water at the BP station and was disappointed that the owner was not working. He always asks me how many miles…embarrassingly I was excited to tell him 14 miles, which has been my longest run since moving to Plantation. I tried out Hammer Endurolyte Capsules http://www.hammernutrition.com/  for the first time. I took 1 before I started 2 more at 4 miles and 2 more at 10 miles. They are supposed to help with cramping, which I have not had any problems with….but I don’t hydrate that much on these runs, because it not very convenient to stop, so I figured I would give them a shot. I can’t tell if they helped or not. I am really happy with my pace…so maybe they did….or maybe I am just getting faster. I guess once I get up to my 18-22 mile runs I will be able to tell if they are helping…or maybe I won’t.  

Monday I did a 4 mile recovery run, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I have been so focused on pace lately it was really nice to just get out there and run…and not have to constantly be focusing on how fast I was running. I ended up running at a 10:55 pace, which is slow…but was exactly what I needed. I was a tad bit sore from the day before. My route was through Plantation Acres, one of my new favorite places to run. Traffic is minimal and as an added bonus I get to see horses and even goats. It makes me feel like I am running out in the country…even though I am only a mile away from my neighborhood.

Tonight....7 Miles....then watching the Celtics game. I am obsessed with Ray Allen, don't ask my why, because I am not 100% sure. One small reason is because I love that his mom wears bedazzled jersey's to the games and ran the Boston Marathon last year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment