Monday, April 30, 2012

No More Water for You!

The weather in Fort Lauderdale was horrible this weekend, which caused me to do my long run on the treadmill. I really prefer to do my long runs outside, but I had no option. So...off I was to the gym for a delightful 12 miler.

If you have read any of my previous posts you know that my gym is not exactly luxurious. I really only need it for an occasional treadmill run, so I can deal with it....or at least I thought I could.

On the way upstairs to the treadmill I saw this sign above the water fountain.

Please DO NOT Use water fountain to fill your water bottle. Thanks, Management

SERIOUSLY???? SERIOUSLY??? Is this a huge problem for them?  Are people bringing in numerous gallon jugs and filling them up with water to bring home and bathe their children or wash their cars? I seriously doubt it. Even if they are....is it really costing the gym that much money? This sign enraged me.

I always bring my own water bottle but, I typically need more than one bottle especially on my long runs. So now....do I have to bring a cooler with multiple bottles of water?  That is ridiculous.

You may ask....why didn't I just ignore the sign and fill up my bottle anyway?  Mostly because I am not a rule breaker. Some may call me a wuss. What is the worst that could have happened? 

Management: "Hey sweaty girl ...you look like you are about to die but....did you just fill up your water bottle?"

Me: "Ummmm.......yes I am feeling a little dehydrated. Would you rather call 911 or have me fill up my water bottle?"

I guess maybe I should just grow a pair .....or start packing a cooler for the gym. Or here is a thought, cancel my membership at this crappy gym!

0 comments:

Post a Comment