Monday, July 2, 2012

Marathon Training Day #1

Since I had to work all weekend, I am off today! I would have liked to spend the day relaxing, but I am pretty much incapable... I started off the day trying...

 

Didn't last long although I enjoyed some fresh cherries on the couch while watching some TV. Delicious!  Then it was off to run a million errands. I think every store should be open 24/7...I simply can't wait until 8am...especially places like Target. Anyway I decided to get my hair trimmed rather than doing anything too drastic. To my friends and family...you are welcome. Last time I got my hair cut short I made everyone miserable for weeks, including my neighbors at my apartment at the time that I am sure could hear me crying for days.

Then it was off to Runners Depot for the highlight of my day. New kicks!!! I went with the Asics Cumulus'. I have never worn anything but Nikes...but these seem super comfy and were recommended for me based on the way I run. They will see their first 6 miles tonight.


Today is the first day of my 17 week marathon training program. I combined a few popular programs and customized one that will work best with my schedule and skill level.

Monday - Recovery Run (long runs on Sunday)
Tuesday- Temp Run
Wednesday- Speed work
Thursday- 5 Mile Run or Cross train/Swim
Sunday- Long Slow Distance Run

I took yesterday off from running...so today will not necessarily be a recovery run...but I am planning on taking it easy and testing out my new shoes. Fingers crossed I will get to run outside.

I was super excited to put up our new American flag yesterday. Now the search is on for a Florida State flag for football season.


Happy Independence Day!





0 comments:

Post a Comment