Monday, April 9, 2012

First Official Post

Welcome to my blog. I am a new blogger, so am still learning how all of this works. I thought it might be interesting to log what's going on in my life...mostly relating to running. Out, back and in between!

A little background.... I was a dancer growing up and a cheerleader in high school. Before varsity cheerleading practice our coach would make us run a mile to warm up. I remember absolutely hating it, and not being very good at it. I was in great shape, but would struggle and would be extremely out of breath when I finished. That was the extent of my running in high school.

I college I worked out on a very regular basis, but hardly ever ran. I would never consider going on a treadmill. During my last semester at Florida State University I started running around campus every once in awhile. I didn't enjoy the running as much as I enjoyed people watching and seeing the sights of Tallahassee.

Once I graduated I moved to South Florida and started working in the hotel industry as an event manager/convention services manager. I joined a gym and continued working out, but due to my crazy work schedule I never had much time to devote to working out.

In the fall of 2010 one of our good friends was trying to get in shape for his upcoming wedding the following spring. He asked my husband (Ryan) to run a half marathon with him, in hopes of shedding some pounds during the training process. Ryan agreed and asked me if I wanted to join them. I was excited for the opportunity. My job situation had changed and I had a lot more free time to start running on a regular basis.

The rest is history, I started running in November of 2010 and have not stopped yet!

1 comments: